Welcome to Cairns & Great Barrier Reef - the perfect combination of stunning natural beauty supported by extensive and sophisticated tourism infrastructure.
This stunning region is Australia's closest and easiest access point to the Great Barrier Reef and the only destination where two World Heritage areas lay side by side, the iconic Great Barrier Reef and Australia’s Wet Tropics Rainforest.
Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef is Australia’s premier tropical destination with a perfect climate offering a diverse range of sporting options and facilities all year round.
Cairns is a city with a passion for sport offering the perfect combination of stunning diverse natural beauty supported by extensive sporting infrastructure. The region boasts award-winning venues, extensive facilities and professional support services, all working together to ensure the smooth delivery of your event. Your success is our success.
Cairns & Great Barrier Reef has it all, naturally.
If you are planning a sport event, TTNQ Sports Tourism is ready to assist - your sporting event has a place in Cairns.
TTNQ is committed to providing our clients with a full service experience and can assist in the following:
- Bid Assistance - developing bid packages
- Hotel and Venue Selection - Site Visits and RFP's
- Event Marketing Assistance
- Publicity Assistance
- Sports Event Calendar - tracking and ensuring coordination of sports events in the Cairns region
- Event Planning Templates
- Events Database
- Grant Writing Assistance
- Access to TTNQ Promotional Materials
- Connections to Local Sport Organisations
- Contact details of local experts in sport- related fields, including medicine and strength and conditioning
- The opportunity to coordinate meetings and facilitate relationships with international teams, national and state sporting organisations, facility managers, private providers, the education sector and Queensland Government agencies